The Fairy Princess has observed people having a bad week or so – and she wanted to take a moment and publicly state that she stands firmly, in regards to the issues of the last two weeks, behind Jeff Yang, Phil Yu, Kristina Wong, Calpernia Addams , and Greg Watanabe and the positions they have taken.
There is no need for any community of any kind, that acknowledges in fact, that they are a community, to turn on one another and try and destroy it based only a need to be ‘right’.
Maturity can admit mistakes, in as much as immaturity cannot be self- aware.
On to #GoodThingsThursday – here is what is going on:
1. The Fairy Princess is Co-Hosting Celebrity Doodles this coming Saturday, April 5, in Palm Springs with this handsome fellow –
Celebrity Doodles is an Art Auction/Fanciest Cocktail Party you have ever been to, type thing, and it is a blast! This year, they are honoring Suzanne Somers and Alan Hamel, Taylor Dayne is singing, and the artwork is amazing. Click here for more information. There ARE still a few tix left.
Special THANK YOU to The Frank DeCaro Show on Sirius XM Radio for having me on to talk about Doodles and all sorts of other things – Frank and Doria Biddle run a great show, broadcast around the Globe, that focuses on Pop Culture, LGBT Issues, News and it is always a fun time. If you have not gotten a chance to hear them, you can click here for more information.
2. YELLOW FACE, the play by David Henry Hwang, is having another go-round in London! The last time it ran, just a few months ago, it had a four star rating. It will be at The Park Theater – and I encourage you, if you missed it the first time, to run off and view a great display of British Talent.
May 21 – June 16th. Break a leg, Everyone!
This is great, because DHH’s Kung Fu, at NYC’s The Signature Theater
must close on April 6, 2014, so it is nice to know that his voice continues to be heard around the globe.
AND…they have a Cast Album! Which you can Order!
4. Tiananmen, a new musical, under the aegis of director, Stafford Arima (who also directed Allegiance), made it’s NY Concert Debut in the best room in town – 54 Below.
5. The API’s of the new Broadway musical, IF/THEN made their Red Carpet Bows:
Alongside these Superstars –
Speaking purely from a Diversity standpoint – this show looks to be a standout. This is one of the more diverse casts I have seen, the show is set in New York City, this is exactly what Diversity means.
The Fairy Princess says YES, this IS what New York City looks like!
Good job, Telsey + Company!
6. This next one is pretty exciting – especially if you were one of those who were sad to see the end of the TV show, NIKITA – Maggie Q, one of the most bankable API’s on Television, is back in a new pilot by Kevin Williamson.
(Doesn’t that just make you want to SCREAM!)
In addition to that, Maggie Q is also in the DIVERGENT Trilogy and a bunch more stuff. The Fairy Princess is particularly partial to Hapa Actresses whose surnames are Irish and start with Q, so many congrats to her.
7. And finally – a shout out to BD Wong, who appeared in a comedy sketch on The Colbert Report.
To put a period at the end of the Great Hashtag Wars of 2014.
Thank you, B.D. Wong, our only Asian American TONY Award Winning Actor.
And there you have it – seven (or 8, you can count HLL 2x if you want to) things to feel good about as we wend our way out of Pilot Season and into Broadway – Happy Thursday, Folks!